It’s been a little while since my last post, but I’ve been in the midst of Spring Fever. Literally…my little guy has been down and out with a flu and it’s not been pretty. But he’s back on the mend now, and I’m back to posting.
With Spring in the air, and the need for me to keep things simple while caring for a sick child, work and do the everyday things that seem to always be there to do, I was inspired to post about a simple, but versatile, salad dressing recipe that I’ve been loving this last week.
Here it goes:
I start with some lemon juice…
Then I add… a little raw honey, pure dijon mustard and olive oil…
Mix this up… adjust flavours as needed… depending on my mood… a little more honey if I want more sweet, a little more mustard if I want zesty…
Today I had put this dressing over chopped fennel salad. I sprinkled a little salt and pepper over it. Sometimes I add walnuts or pecans. Yum!
The original recipe I got this from featured it over Belgium endive. It’s also wonderful on good old regular green salad.
– instead of lemon juice: raw apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar
– instead of raw honey: maple syrup, agave syrup
– instead of olive oil: flax seed oil, spicy flax seed oil, walnut oil, sunflower oil, hemp oil
– instead of mustard… uhhh… yeah, there’s nothing like a splat of dijon… 🙂
– add chopped fresh herbs: dill works really well, parsley
Mixing up these combination can lead to endless possibilities for quick fresh homemade salad dressings!