I whipped this up the other day and thought it would be great to share it! This delicious kale salad offers up a bit of sweet and savoury in one dish. It’s also another quick and easy way to get a delicious serving of greens in!
Here’s how I did it:
1) Chopped and washed green and purple kale. Then steamed it in a deep pan, with a little bit of water and olive oil, with the lid on. Cooked until tender but not falling apart. The green kale turned emerald in colour.
2) Strain off any excess water from kale and place in bowl.
3) Peel a carrot. Then use the peeler to create ribbons. Add carrot ribbons to kale.
4) Sprinkle with raisins, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds.
5) Dress with homemade dressing consisting of: 1 part lemon juice, 1 part olive oil, a teaspoon (or more) of tahini, a sprinkle of sea salt. Combine dressing ingredients together and whisk before dressing kale. Then drizzle over kale and toss everything together.
Easy …peasy …yum. 🙂