I just had to share this potato recipe. It’s quick, easy and a crowd pleaser. Whether it’s for dinner guests, the kiddies or for a little comfort food addition, this recipe fits the bill.
I saw this recipe on the Food Network. Ree from The Pioneer Woman did her “Crash Hot Potatoes” and I thought it was super. Did I mention it was quick and easy? …and it’s healthier than french fries! I put my twist on it and made it quicker and simpler.
Here’s my version…
– Bring a medium pot of water to boil
– Wash and scrub one or two baking potatoes
– Leaving skin on, chop the potatoes into 1 inch rounds
– Drop the pieces into boiling water and cook until a fork goes easily through a few of the pieces
– While potatoes are being boiled, pre-heat oven to 450 F
– Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
– Once potatoes are done, drain them and rinse them with a little cold water
– Place the pieces on the parchment lined cookie sheet with about 1 inch between each (to allow room for “Smushing”)
– Take a masher and mush the potato slice down. Use a butter knife to scrape the potato off the masher if it sticks to the potato.
– I use my fingers to push the bits of mushed potato together to make a little pattie
– Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt. (Options: add a sprinkle of sage, thyme, rosemary, cayenne pepper or chill powder)
– Bake in oven for 15-30 minutes until they are golden. The longer you leave them the more golden and crunchy they become.
Once completed…Serve with a sprinkle of paprika, chill powder, tabasco sauce. There are so many more ways you can dress these up… you can make these the base of a roasted veggie tower, top with salsa and guacamole or a spoonful of chilli (or all three!!!). 🙂