If you’re going to work or going on a picnic, this is a really innovative idea when it comes to getting your greens!
I saw this same concept once on a cooking show and I thought it was fantastic!
Here’s the idea:
1) Get a 1L Glass Jar
2) Mix up a salad dressing (Oil and Vinegar or Oil and Lemon Juice + added flavouring options like herbs, spices, dijon mustard and/or maple syrup/ honey). Pour the mixed dressing in the bottom of the jar.
3) Put your hardy veggies in next: tomatoes, peppers, onions.
4) Put your cucumbers in next.
5) Top with salad greens.
6) Sprinkle in the added bits on top: nuts, seeds, dried fruit, etc.
7) Fasten the lid and away you go!
When ready to eat… just give it a good shake, open the lid and you have your easy one-stop-salad!
Check out this take on the Salad in a Jar for inspiration and ideas: Balsamic Veggie Salad in a Jar.